Tuesday 22 July 2014

Beauty Update #1

Hello lovely people.  It's a relative chilly (although not quite so horrible) evening in Sydney's inner west.  Sole Signal's new album Coming Up Aces is playing and I am trying to type as my nail polish dries.  Yes you heard me.  I have dived into another corner of the beauty blogger/vlogger lifestyle.  Nail polish.

My Aunty got me come clear sparkly nail polish as a part of a birthday bundle (I always ask for one thing and herself and my Nanna always spoil me).  A few months earlier a friend of mine had gotten some free revlon nail polish and not being interested in beauty things gave it to me.

Ah yes Revlon Brilliant Strength in the colour Enchant.  At the time it looked a little goopy and weird so into my random box of makeup and other crap it went.

Then on the weekend not only did my Aunty and Grandmother give me a giftcard for a store I liked they also bundled in this little beauty.

We have here Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Extreme Wear in Disco Ball.  It's sparkly and pretty and I'm wearing it on my toes right now.

I decided to build a collection and since Priceline was having a sale on all Sally Hansen nail polishes I went and picked up these four lovely bottles.
From Left to right Complete Manicure in Shell We Dance (which is pretty but a little sheer) and Red Zin (nice vampy red) plus Triple Shine in Pool Party and Sparks Fly (for layering fun).

Looking forward to trying out all of these plus maybe picking up a few more colours.  My Priceline also stocks Essie so I'll raid that counter too.

For the rest of my beauty stuff I will finally have time to edit some videos I filmed over a month ago and I also picked up another mascara:

 Bourjois Volume 1 Seconde is the newest mascarar from Bourjois and after just one coat I am in love.  This unfortunately is not the waterproof version and that one does not seem to be available here in Australia.  I'll be giving this one a proper road test this week and hopefully filming a review.

I've also ordered Nyx Doll Eye which is another fibre mascara (dirt cheap and shipping was free). 

My verdict is in on the Revlon Lash Potion.  I hate it.  I hate everything about it.  The brush is huge, the formula is too wet and the formula clumps.  If I had not gotten it for free I would not have ever tried it.

Well that's all from me and my usual ranting
Much love
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment