Thursday 17 July 2014

General Life Update #3

Hello everyone.  As I write this I'm about to go to sleep after being sent home from work with a throat infection....and nearly passing out.

While that doesn't sound too out of the ordinary for me it is.  About two years ago I changed my life.  I dropped 15 kilos by diet and exercise.  Not only were there positive effects for my dancing and body image my immune was greatly strengthened.

Previous to this I used to get constantly sick.  I would pass out due to dizzyness caused by low blood pressure which for both my professional and dancing life was quite a hindrance.

This is the second time in six months I've been ill.  It tells me a few things:

1.  I have greatly neglected my nutrition and hydration
2.  I'm not sleeping enough

I know this can't continue.  I want to get back on the path I was on two years ago and continue to decrease my body fat and become stronger again.  And how am I doing this?

Starting with my diet I am researching meal options.  Breakfast is my first meal that I want to get right.  I want to return to my gym regime which at the time was not just great for my body.  It was also therapy.  I used to be a very angry person.  I had a lot of issues.  I had trouble coping with stress at work which made me fly into a rage.  I am glad I have evolved past that and I like the person I am today.

Dancing wise I am taking my grading exams in one week and one day.  How am I feeling?  Well ballroom will be fine.  I know those dances better than I know myself at this point.  Latin....well samba isn't finished.  So that's the goal for tomorrow.  Samba must be finished or I will not take the exam.

Beauty wise....well I have a few items that I'm wanting to talk more about on my channel (assuming I get time to film and edit everything this weekend).  I've gone a little mascara crazy this month.



The Lash Potion was admittedly a freebie from a friend.  The Great Lash was on sale and I was keen to get a black/brown mascara that looked a little more natural for work.  The Illegal Lash was half price and just begging to be bought.

My fav is definitely Illegal Lash.  It does was it says.  My lashes are now long enough to nearly reach my eyebrows.  Great Lash is the most waterproof mascara I've ever worn.  It's impossible to get off.  It doesn't really do anything special.  Just a good natural looking mascara that I can wear to work.  As for Lash Potion the jury is still out.  I'm having days where I love it and days where I hate it.





Garnier seems to have three key liquid makeup removers.  This is the third I've tried (the first being Micellar Water which is amazing and Clean Sensitive 2-in-1 which is still pretty good).  It's the cheapest and not my favourite.  It is moisturizing but I feel like I have to use more of it to get my foundation off.  Not to mention that I can't get any in my eyes which can accidentally happen when I'm trying to get my eye makeup off (This issue does not occur with Micellar Water or Clean Sensitive 2-in-1).


For my hair I have finished my David Babaii shampoo & conditioner and moving onto something new.  I loved the formula of the DB but getting the product out of the bottle essentially meant giving myself a bicep workout everytime I wanted to wash my hair (due to the shape of the bottle).

Alchemy is a brand I've been wanting to try for a while.  For shampoo I have the Rice Aminos & Wheat Protein blend.  For conditioner I have the Macadamia & Wheat Protein blend.  Both promise to enhance and nourish dry damaged hair.  We will see.

Well that's all for today.  I'm off to politely ask my Peruvian flatmate if she wouldn't just turning down her music a pinch while I have a nap to heal.  Then later finally watching the second season of Hemlock grove.

Much love
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment